packmission.pl is a Perl
script for assisting in packing up campaigns for distribution.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE OF USING THIS SOFTWARE.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin>perl packmission.pl ..\left4dead2\missions\southie.txt
You may want to redirect output so you can read it, there is a LOT of info printed to the console, like so...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin>perl packmission.pl ..\left4dead2\missions\southie.txt > pack.txt
Given a mission file, it will create a correspondingly named directory under addons, scan all bsps listed, and then copy all materials, textures, cubes models, bsps, nav files, commentaries, etc to the appropriate location in addons.
Note: you will need to copy particles and vscripts yourself before VPK-ing it.
There is a syntax for including things in your mission file.
This would copy all lb*.nut scripts. Fileglobs are not recursive, so you CANNOT say //PACKMISSION(scripts\vsc*), at least not yet ;)Requirements - READ THIS
- Perl, for windows, use either Strawberry Perl or ActiveState
- This script MUST be installed in the "steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\bin" directory. If you're game is not installed under
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\, You must adjust $GAMEPATH accordingly
- Your models and materials MUST be in the appropriate game folders.
- Your mission.txt MUST be well formed. QUOTES REQUIRED around keywords and values
- You'll still need to copy sounds, particles, scripts, and any custom skyboxes.
DOWNLOAD LINK - packmission.pl
- right click, save as
There are sure to be bugs, oversight, if you have any questions, feedback, use this thread
at the Steam forums